EOFY SALE – 50% OFF all eLearning until JUNE 30 – use code EOFY21 at checkout
Plain Language Basics
Speak and write so more people understand you.
If you communicate with clients, you need plain language
Every day Australians have to understand and use information to make decisions about their lives. This information is often too complex.
About 50 percent of your clients may struggle to understand and use information to make decisions. But you can’t tell which ones!
A great way to avoid this problem is to communicate in plain everyday language with all your clients. But we don’t mean dumbing your message down. We mean using specific strategies to deliver a sophisticated message simply.
Young and old, expert or newbie, native speaker or not. Research suggests plain language works for everyone.
When you use simple, accurate language you make it easier for more clients to understand you and make informed decisions.
Plain Language Basics gives you the strategies you need to communicate in plain language. It also gives you plenty of practice using these strategies through fun, targeted activities.
Plain Language Basics covers written and spoken communication. It includes a bonus section on how to effectively check what someone understands from what you say.
Training more than 30 staff?
We offer fantastic corporate rates.
Have your own LMS?
Host the training on your LMS.
In this course you will:
- review your current plain language skills and learn new ones
- identify how to speak and write in plain language and then practice doing it
- identify how to check understanding effectively
You’ll also get a clear, actionable framework to make your communication
- easier to understand
- easier to act on
- reach people who struggle to understand
- reach people whose first language is not English
Plain language basics: format and activities
- clear, concise explanations of how you can communicate in plain language
- fun activities for you to practice what you learn
- links to many helpful resources
The course is flexible – come and go as you have time.
Small manageable sections make it easy to pick up when you return.
You can apply what you learn immediately to your work.
What do other people say about the course?
“I just really loved that there were so many activities that let me practice the skills instantly.”
A practical and FUN way to polish and refresh my knowledge and skills. It’s actually really enjoyable– I forgot that I was doing training.
Number of licences
1 – 30
How to buy guide
1- 5 licenses – immediate access
- click Enrol Now below to go to our learning system
- register an account and purchase the course for each user using their email
- you’ll get a confirmation email with your login details
More than 5 licences?
Contact us for easy purchase of more than 5 licences.
The course takes about 30 mins
More Than 30 Staff To Train?
We understand that no two organisations are the same and what works for one may not for another. We now offer organisations with more than 30 staff to train a number of alternative delivery methods that may be more suitable or helpful.
- Setting up a dedicated section on our LMS with your corporate branding and management access – we call this branch management.
- We give you a special SCORM package of this course to import into your Learning Management System (LMS). This package is SCORM 1.2 compliant and will be compatible with the majority of LMS. This enables you to fully train, manage and report on learner process right inside your own LMS. The course is hosted by us in the cloud enabling us to manage course usage and in a way that requires little to no changes in your LMS.
- Developing a customised solution – we can work with your Staff Development team to create a unique solution that includes face-to-face training and eLearning.
For more information please refer to our Corporate Solutions page.