EOFY SALE – 50% OFF all eLearning until JUNE 30 – use code EOFY21 at checkout
Health Literacy Essentials
This training works on desktop, tablet or mobile phone so your staff can complete the training on their preferred device.
In the past 10 years, lots of research has been done under the banner of Health Literacy. This research has explored why some people get worse outcomes from the health care system and what we can do about it. This research has enabled a set of theories and practices that:
- Improve client understanding and confidence in making informed decisions
- Reduce complaints
- Improve service experience for clients who may struggle to access or understand your service
Health literacy can improve outcomes for a broad range of clients, regardless of age, gender, socio-economic background or ethnicity.
Health Literacy Essentials Has Four Sections.
- Health Literacy Introduction – This section compares health literacy to everyday situations. We use these comparisons to highlight what health literacy is and how it impacts health consumers
- Health Literacy in depth – This section uses a fun quiz to detail the current state of health literacy in Australia and what it means for you.
- Universal Precautions Approach –This section highlights the recommended approach to low health literacy through fun activities.
- Plain Language Communication– this section gives you the opportunity to identify and practice using plain language communication including checking shared understanding.
Training more than 30 staff?
We offer corporate rates for medium to large organisations with more than 30 people to train.
Have your own LMS?
No problem. We can provide you with a SCORM file to import into your LMS
Our Health Literacy courses have been created in a way that is engaging, easy to use and flexible. Organisations can quickly roll out this training to their staff in a number of ways.
The quickest way to get 30 or fewer staff members started with this training is to use our Learning Management System (LMS). Simply click on the Enrol Now button below to be taken to our Learning Portal. From there, just register/sign up and then purchase a course. A confirmation email with login details will be sent to the registered email address.
This course is only $45 per learner. On completion of this course, the learner will be emailed a Certificate of Completion.
Approximately 1 hour
More Than 30 Staff To Train?
We understand that no two organisations are the same and what works for one may not for another. We now offer organisations with more than 30 staff to train a number of alternative delivery methods that may be more suitable or helpful.
- Setting up a dedicated section on our LMS with your corporate branding and management access – we call this branch management.
- We give you a special SCORM package of this course to import into your Learning Management System (LMS). This package is SCORM 1.2 compliant and will be compatible with the majority of LMS. This enables you to fully train, manage and report on learner process right inside your own LMS. The course is hosted by us in the cloud enabling us to manage course usage and in a way that requires little to no changes in your LMS.
- Developing a customised solution – we can work with your Staff Development team to create a unique solution that includes face-to-face training and eLearning.
For more information please refer to our Corporate Solutions page.