Health Literacy Essentials
This training works on desktop, tablet or mobile phone so your staff can complete the training on their preferred device.
In the past 10 years, lots of research has been done under the banner of Health Literacy. This research has explored why some people get worse outcomes from the health care system and what we can do about it. This research has enabled a set of theories and practices that:
- Improve client understanding and confidence in making informed decisions
- Reduce complaints
- Improve service experience for clients who may struggle to access or understand your service
Health literacy can improve outcomes for a broad range of clients, regardless of age, gender, socio-economic background or ethnicity.
Health Literacy Essentials Has Four Sections.
- Health Literacy Introduction – This section compares health literacy to everyday situations. We use these comparisons to highlight what health literacy is and how it impacts health consumers
- Health Literacy in depth – This section uses a fun quiz to detail the current state of health literacy in Australia and what it means for you.
- Universal Precautions Approach –This section highlights the recommended approach to low health literacy through fun activities.
- Plain Language Communication– this section gives you the opportunity to identify and practice using plain language communication including checking shared understanding.
Training more than 30 staff?
We offer fantastic corporate rates.
Have your own LMS?
For larger purchases we offer access to our course SCORM files for uploading into your LMS.
Or use our LMS
For smaller purchase we host the training on our LMS.
More details here.
Our Health Literacy courses have been created in a way that is engaging, easy to use and flexible. Organisations can quickly roll out this training to their staff in a number of ways.
The quickest way to get 30 or fewer staff members started with this training is to use our Learning Management System (LMS). Simply click on the Enrol Now button below to be taken to our Learning Portal. From there, just register/sign up and then purchase a course. A confirmation email with login details will be sent to the registered email address.
This course is only $45 per learner. On completion of this course, the learner will be emailed a Certificate of Completion.
Approximately 1 hour